Some veterinarians are avid readers of veterinary journals and attend the seminars of top experts. They’re always up to date on the latest scientific findings regarding vaccination.
Others, not so much.
Would you know if your vet vaccinated appropriately, according to the latest suggested protocols? Would you know if your vet took every precaution to avoid unnecessary shots and adverse reactions? Here’s how to find out.
Pictured: Sasha, whose death after over-vaccination prompted activism
Dangerous Vaccination Practices
Your dog’s health is at risk if your vet:
- Has ever failed, prior to vaccinating, to evaluate your dog’s current health … or failed to ask if your dog has ever reacted badly to shots … or failed to determine your dog’s age and current lifestyle … or failed to check his or her file … or failed to ask if your dog has been vaccinated elsewhere in the past three years.
- Even once vaccinated your dog without your express consent.
- Even once vaccinated without fully explaining the risks, benefits and alternatives to vaccinating. (Learn your vet’s Liability Related to Vaccination.)
- Vaccinates your adult dog yearly with combo shots or against parvovirus and distemper.
- Argues if you question the need for a shot or ask about titer testing instead of vaccination.
Posted under Preventing Vaccine Reactions, Uncategorized, Vaccination, Veterinarians | 47 Comments » | Email This Post