Anesthetized Tiger Cub Dies After Vaccination

Written by Jan on January 23, 2016 – 3:50 pm

The San Diego Union-Tribune has reported that a rescued tiger cub died January 13 at the Lions Tigers & Bears animal sanctuary near San Diego. The six-month-old tiger cub, named Himmel, had just undergone surgery for neutering and hernia repair. Although vaccine manufacturers recommend against it, the vet decided to vaccinate while the cub was still under anesthesia. Himmel suffered “profound respiratory failure and collapse” from “a severe allergic reaction called anaphylaxis.”

Veterinarian, author and vaccine expert Patricia Monahan Jordan reminds us that animals should never be vaccinated when stressed. Vaccinating an animal stressed by surgery and under anesthesia will “substantially increase the likelihood of DEATH.”

Anesthetized animals can strangle on their own vomit and/or go into anaphylactic shock. Unfortunately, it’s common practice. The next time your pet “goes under,” make it a point to tell your pet’s surgeon NOT to vaccinate. Please read my article entitled Questions to Ask Before Vaccinating Your Dog or Cat for more information.

Share
Posted under Uncategorized | No Comments » Email This Post

Leave a Comment